As a result of the new framework, it is clear that additions will need to be included to the Groups existing Code of Conduct. The following will also need to be adhered to:
- I will always maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance (or any other such distance introduced by the Government) from the closest person where possible unless it is an emergency.
- I will not attend a face to face meeting if I am presenting with any COVID-19 symptoms.
- I agree that if unfortunately, another member of my batch or group tests positive then I will follow the guidance set by the Government in relation to self-isolation.
- I consent to the Section Leader providing my contact details to the Governments Track and Trace System if unfortunately, another member of my batch or group tests positive.
- I understand that if I breach any of these rules then I may be suspended from the group for a period of 14 days.
The above additions to the Code of Conduct must be emailed to the parents as a separate document when the Action Plan is emailed to them together with an invite to review and update OSM and the relevant fields to OSM must be updated.
It is acknowledged that Code 4 may breach GDPR, but any parent/guardian accepts this by allowing their Young Person to attend any face to face meeting.
The Section Leader should ensure that the young people in question separate as soon as possible. Those involved should then wash their hands immediately and if there are no toilet facilities then those involved should sanitise their hands. The incident will also need to be recorded by the Section Leader using the Incident Report form. A copy of the form should be emailed to the parents of those involved and a copy sent to the whole of the Executive Committee. In addition to this, the parents will have to monitor the young person for any COVID-19 symptoms. If symptoms do occur, then the details of all those who were at that meeting will be needed for the Track and Trace System.
If a young person repeatedly breaks the minimum Social Distance rules they may not be allowed to return to face to face meetings for a period of a minimum of 14 days and possible further if deemed necessary by the Group Scout Leader, the Section Leader and/or Executive Committee.